In this article we will learn what is SEO, how it work and how you can get free organic traffic from Google.
What is SEO
Let’s make things simple, when you enter a word in google for EX: you search countries name in google, google shows up 1000s of results. The results on top has the exact keyword you searched for and others has similar keyword. This is SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
So you visit the top most results and the website gets free organic traffic from google.
So if you want your website to rank top on google. You need to follow google SEO.
How Does SEO Works
SEO works in 3 simple and easy steps to optimize your website to rank top on Google.
- Keyword Research
- On Page SEO
- Off Page SEO
When you follow these steps you will rank top of Google for sure.
Any word you type on Google is a Keyword, is what people are searching for on Google. Below shown are example of keywords.
Any keywords that user search on google, and your website has those keywords matching, will show up on top results of Google. Now how do you do this research?
Before we jump in to depth, you may also ask what about my blog post matching with big companies who is already ranking top on google. This I will explain in keyword research below.
Below are few Websites where you can do your research for keywords on your blog post. Which will do keyword research and helps rank on top of Google.
When you search any keyword on these websites, they generate results with monthly search volume, competition and CPC (cost per click) for that keyword. Ex shown below.
We cannot compete big companies who is already ranking top. Our aim is to target for low competition keywords appears in search results but with long tail keyword. For Ex: instead of main keyword “Countries Name”, your keyword should be similar to like this Countries name in alphabetical order.
This makes easier to rank on Google. To get good keywords go down to google page at the end you will see related search to your topic section to get more good ideas.
To make things simple, you select keyword with high search volume rate and low difficulty to rank top of Google.
On Page SEO
On Page SEO is to optimize your blog post before publishing the article on your website. The following are the factors that need to be implemented for good On Page SEO results.
- Focus Keyword – your keyword should be present in your blog title, should be in at-least 2 sub heading.
- Title – your blog post title should have some emotional phrase like how, when, etc.
- Meta Description – your blog post should have a nice description that show on Google search page, people get attracted by reading meta at first then they visit your blog post if they like your meta description.
- Keyword Density – do not overuse the focus keyword in your blog post. Just use 7-8 times in your complete blog.
- Slug – slug is the tail end of your blog post link. Your slug should be within your focus keyword.
- Inbound Links – your blog post should have links connecting to your website or your another blog post.
- Outbound Links – your blog post should have 1 or more external or affiliate links which redirects to another website.
- Images – Images with alt text are most important in your blog post. So add 4-5 images in your blog post.
- Image Keyphrase – this is alt text, you select a alt text of your image as same as your focus keyword.
One of the best On page SEO wordpress plugin is Yoast SEO. Its simply awesome. and below are few other SEO platforms
Off Page SEO
Off Page SEO is to optimize your blog post outside your website, for example, to share your blog post on your social media accounts. Google tracks your blog post even on social media pages to show the results on its page.
Another factor for Off Page SEO is backlinks. Any other website that has links that redirects to your website is called backlink.
Bounce rate – when you visit a website and don’t like the title or content and close the website, this increases the bounce rate and. So prepare a good quality post that people read your post fully and this is how your website bounce rate decreases which is another factor for Off Page SEO.
So this is Search Engine Optimization. If you follow above mentioned SEO tips, you will definitely rank top on Google.
For more Tech updates and news subscribe YouTechRive – Your Technology Archive.